We’re thrilled to talk with Beth Bernstein who is a jewelry designer, jewelry historian, author, editor of Bejeweled Magazine and President of Plan B consulting.
Beth shares her insights on a wide range of topics from advice to emerging designers, to her new online magazine to the latest trends.
– CLICK ON PHOTO FOR SHOW NOTES –
She has a romance going on with the legend, language and sentiment behind the pieces. Her love for the story has inspired Beth to pen three books, with a fourth one in the works, and to spend the past twenty years as an editor and writer on the subject of jewels-old and new.
She is a die-hard jewelry fan, so much so that she has designed her own collection throughout the 90s and continues to create bespoke jewels.
Beth Bernstein is a jewelry historian, jewelry expert and collector of period and modern jewels—a purveyor of all things sparkly.
She owns a comprehensive consulting agency Plan B which provides a roster of services in multiple facets of the jewelry industry. These include building, launching and evolving designer brands and retail brick & mortar/online shops and curating designer shows and private collections.
Connect With Beth Bernstein:
- A Skilled writer/editor, she freelances for consumer and trade magazines with experience in both print and online publications.
Her three books include:
- “If These Jewels Could Talk: The Legends behind Celebrity Gems” (ACC Art Books, 2015) A historical/coffee table style book which provides an inside peek into the legends as well as heartfelt narratives and humorous anecdotes behind the famous jewels Hollywood Royalty, Aristocracy Icons and jewelers of the 20th-21st Century. Michel Aliaga Associate Director of Cartier Paris says, “The book is aspirational and magical. I’m sure it will be beyond the expectations of the aficionados of jewels and glamour!”
- “My Charmed Life: Rocky Romances, Precious Family Connections And Searching For A Band of Gold” (Penguin, 2012). —A memoir, which links her life, losses, family, and loves with her most significant pieces of jewelry.
- “Jewelry’ Shining Stars: Shaping Today’s Collectibles and Tomorrow’s Heirlooms” (Fine Points Publishing, 2013)—A coffee table book, featuring 38 talent’s shaping jewelry’s future, with a foreword by Stephen Webster.
Beth possesses multifaceted capabilities, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to conceptualize, launch and successfully take projects from beginning to end. She has built and continues to maintain strong relationships with designers, retailers, press offices and industry professionals and her many clients. She is revered in her field for her experience and knowledge and for her exuberance and sheer joy in the way she approaches each aspect of her career.
Beth Bernstein is a member of
She has lectured and created panel discussions for various organizations and trade show events and sat on numerous panels as a judge for new talent in the jewelry industry.
More About “Inside the Jewelry Trade” Radio Show
This is the online radio show devoted to jewelry store owners, the jewelry trade, and those who want to get a rare glimpse behind the curtain into the $70 billion dollars a year U.S. jewelry and watch industry.
We give you access to jewelry designers, vendors, successful store owners, and those who have the proven expertise you need to move your jewelry business forward right now.
This radio show is for those in the jewelry trade who expect more from their business and want to cut through the clutter to find out what really works.
Mission Statement: Simply to be a conduit of relevant information that strengthens and elevates the jewelry trade in the competitive global luxury market.
Start Getting Results From Your Online Marketing Today!
More from Four Grainer
Latest posts by Rod Worley (see all)
- Beth Bernstein – Bejeweled Magazine & Plan B Consulting - 2017-12-12
- Brother Wolf Jewelry - 2017-12-12
- Anish Desai – Star Gems & Custom Studio - 2017-12-12