Ever wonder what it’s like to attend the exciting JA Summer Show?
What do the jewelry vendors and retailers think is the best part of the event?
How is the upcoming holiday season going to shape up for independent jewelers?
JA NY Summer Show 2014
Only one leading jewelry trade event calls New York home and has “The Big Apple” as its glamorous backdrop
The 2014 JA NY Summer Show was held in the Jacob K. Javits Center from July 27th to July 29th.
This year the show significantly altered the event layout which gave a more relaxed, almost intimate boutique feel to the event.
The results was a renewed level of excitement and energy for both presenting vendors and retailers.
The JA New York Shows are the only shows affiliated with Jewelers of America
National Jeweler Gave Jewelers A Voice At The JA NY Summer Show
Michelle Graff, Editor-in-Chief of National Jeweler, called out to jewelry retailers, vendors, and suppliers in her article titled “Make your podcasting debut at JA NY Summer” and they certainly responded! Those who stopped in at the National Jeweler booth were given an opportunity to pick from a list of topics.
The list of potential questions included the following:– What is your favorite repair question? – What was your favorite moment behind the bridal counter? – What are your expectations for this coming holiday season? – What is your favorite part of coming to New York City for the JA New York show? – Of all you’ve achieved in your career, what makes you the proudest?
This show is comprised of a number of short segments of two or three minute clips of different retailers, manufacturing and suppliers speaking about their experience in the jewelry industry.
Special Thanks! The team of Four Grainer and “Inside the Jewelry Trade” radio show would like to sincerely thank Michelle Graff and National Jeweler for taking the time to bring this special episode to all of us in the jewelry trade.
– Jim Alperin. Owner of James Alperin Jewelers. “What is your favorite repair story?” James Alperin Jewelers has built a reputation for providing extraordinary jewelry and exceptional service. The Pepper Pike, Ohio showroom carries a complete line of fine jewelry. James Alperin Jewelers is an authorized distributor for famous designers such as Hidalgo, Gumuchian, Art Carved, Hot Diamonds, and many more.
– Diane Warga-Arias. Jewelry Activist. “What’s your favorite part of coming to New York City for the JA New York Show?” DWA Communications, Inc. provides innovative business solutions throughout the consumer luxury market. With an extensive client portfolio in the fine jewelry industry, DWA is well respected for successful growth initiatives throughout the diamond pipeline…supporting the most prestigious international brands, global manufacturers, major retail chains and select independent retailers. Diane also mentioned the following:
Endless Jewelry. Endless Jewelry is a high quality jewelry collection inspired by nature, the variety of colors and shapes. It is possible to create your own unique design.
Women’s Jewelry Association. To help women in the jewelry and watch industries advance and develop professionally through networking, education, leadership development and the provision of member services.
WJA names 2014 Awards for Excellence winners. The Women’s Jewelry Association honored the winners of its 31st Awards for Excellence recognizing innovative and successful leaders in the industry in a number of categories.
David J. Bonaparte, President and CEO of Jewelers of America. Received the Ben Kaiser Lifetime Achievement Award from the Women’s Jewelry Association. The award honors an industry male who has demonstrated a deep commitment to the advancement of women in the jewelry industry.
– Robert Bentley. Owner of Robert Bentley Company. Inc. “Of all you’ve achieved in your career, what makes you the proudest?” For nearly twenty years, The Robert Bentley Company has been working with an international community of talented stone cutters to provide the fine art art jeweler with better, gem-quality colored stones. Robert can be reached at RobertBentleyGemstones.com
– David Freed. Executive Director of Marketing and Sales, National Accounts Manager, and National Sales Manager for Karina Ariana. “What’s your favorite part of coming to New York City for the JA New York Show?” David can be reached at David@karinaariana.com. Karina Ariana is a new upscale jewelry line in the Ross Metals portfolio of designers. Karina Ariana features mid level to upscale jewelry creations that combine sterling silver creations with CZ, diamond, and genuine color stones.
– Samuel Gershonowitz. Samuel can be reached at S. Kashi & Sons, New York. “What was your favorite moment behind the counter at the JA in NY Show?” Established in 1990, a small family business has grown to become an industry leader. Their mission is to create the most innovative designs and combine top quality workmanship and excellent customer service.
– Haley Henning. Executive Director of the Tanzanite Foundation, headquartered in New York. “What is your favorite part of coming to New York City for the JA New York Show?” and “Of all you’ve achieved in your career, what makes you the proudest?” The Tanzanite Foundation is a non-profit industry supported organization, dedicated to protecting and promoting Tanzanite. It acts on behalf of all ethical and socially responsible operators and partners in the Tanzanite Industry and implements standardized methods of practice and conduct.
– Hedda Schupak. Editor of The Centurion, a weekly e-newsletter and webzine serving the luxury end of the jewelry industry, Hedda also serves as a market analyst, consultant, and speaker in the industry at large. As editor of The Centurion, she brings relevant business information to the prestige level of the jewelry industry, and also manages both the Centurion Emerging Designer competition and the Centurion Design Awards for Show exhibitors.
– David Siminski. Regional Sales Director for United Precious Metals. “What is your favorite part of coming to New York City for the JA New York Show?” and “Of all you’ve achieved in your career, what makes you the proudest?” United Precious Metal Refining, Inc is a leading supplier of master alloys, de-oxidized sterling silver, solder, and wire products. In addition, United is a full-service refiner for your precious metal needs. United’s success in the precious metal industry is due to exceptional levels of detail and uncompromising customer service.
– Patricia Syvrud. Founder of Joia Consulting. “What is your favorite part of coming to New York City for the JA New York show?” Joia Consulting is a jewelry expertise services company founded by Patricia Syvrud, a graduate gemologist whose expertise includes cataloging the National Gem Collection, Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC and developing the museum collection at the Gemological Institute of America. Joia Consulting is uniquely positioned to offer completely independent third party jewelry expertise for a variety of consulting and jewelry needs.
– Matthew Tratner. Director of Membership and Sales for Jewelers of America. “What are your expectations for this coming holiday season?” and “Of all you’ve achieved in your career, what makes you the proudest?” With a mission to increase consumer confidence in the jewelry industry, Jewelers of America advocates professionalism and adherence to high ethical, social and environmental standards. Their Code of Professional Practices and position statements on issues of importance to consumers illustrate their deep commitment to responsible business practices in the retail jewelry industry.
More About “Inside the Jewelry Trade” Radio Show
This is the online radio show devoted to jewelry store owners, the jewelry trade, and those who want to get a rare glimpse behind the curtain into the $70 billion dollar a year U.S. jewelry and watch industry.
We give you access to jewelry designers, vendors, successful store owners, and those who have the proven expertise you need to move your jewelry business forward right now.
This radio show is for those in the jewelry trade who expect more from their business, and want to cut through the clutter to find out what really works.
Mission Statement: Simply to be a conduit of relevant information that strengthens and elevates the jewelry trade in the competitive global luxury market.
Start Getting Results From Your Online Marketing Today!
More from Four Grainer
Latest posts by Rod Worley (see all)
- Brother Wolf Jewelry - 2017-11-20
- Anish Desai – Star Gems & Custom Studio - 2017-11-20
- Cause & Effect – Jewelry with a cause & why you need it. - 2017-11-20